Submitted by: Uriel on 4/26/2007 6:44:33 PM
Some downtime over the weekend has apparently messed with file permissions and broken the Herald news feed. Because I'm getting close to switching over to a new webhost anyway, I'm going to ignore it for now and just give you the news myself...
Discuss this news! (16)
1.89b is up on Pendragon. It includes a new direct damage spell in the Suppression baseline, and changes to a large number of ToA encounters to make them easier.
WAR, Mythic's Warhammer MMO, had big news today. Firstly, the release date was moved from late 2007 to the first quarter of 2008. And second, the guild beta sign-up page was posted - you can find that at http://www.warhammeronline.com/english/community/guildBeta/form.php.
Submitted by: Uriel on 4/20/2007 12:58:32 AM
Mythic posted the 1.89a patch notes yesterday (or today, I suppose, depending), and though there isn't a whole lot there, they've started the UI "modernization" they mentioned at the Roundtable event earlier this year.
Some are comparing the icons to World of Warcraft, so in order to aid in said comparison, I took screenshots of a couple hotbars - in DAoC with my Mauler, and in WoW with my Warrior (yes, I play WoW). WoW icons are on the left, DAoC on the right:
The DAoC icons themselves are roughly the same size (a couple pixels smaller) as those in WoW, but the WoW icons take up significantly more space because they're spaced out. The second obvious note is that the DAoC icons are much "brighter" - that's partially because most of the WoW icons are greyed out ;)
I also took a screenshot of the UI in general, with a couple different windows open to show off a couple things - first, inventory icons are all new, and the inventory itself is striped. Second, many elements are now rounded - in this screenshot it's the buttons on the master level window and the backpack item icons. You can find that screenshot here.
Hide News Details
Discuss this news! (28)
Dark Age of Camelot
Test Version 1.89a Release Notes
New Features and User Interface Updates
April 19, 2007
NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES
- Players no longer need to log out and log back into the game to finalize the changes made using the /xfire (on|off) command. Note: There may be some delay as the Xfire servers are updated. This only affects the live game.
- %t will now work in general chat.
- Added camera snapback functionality to the third person camera view. With this function enabled, while the character is moving, the player can rotate the camera around, it will automatically snap back to its original state. This feature has three adjustable settings: low, medium, and high. This feature is on by default and can be turned on and off by visiting the in-game options menu or by using the /snapback (off|on) command.
- Players may designate a specific camera view to snap back to with the /setcamera command. This view can also be reset with the /resetcamera command.
USER INTERFACE NOTES
With this version, we have begun working on revamping Camelotís User Interface (UI). Since most of our work is currently behind the scenes, in the meantime we would like to present our players with some artistic changes. We hope that you will enjoy these changes and the revamp changes coming in the future.
As we are transitioning to the new icons, please be aware that we are currently working on widget visibility and bugs with missing icons, blank icons, and/or missing widgets. These issues do not need to be reported for 1.89a.
- The Atlantis interface skin has been given a new artistic look. All windows and UI elements for this skin have been updated for all game clients.
- The trial SI (Catacombs Engine) client now has access to the Atlantis User Interface.
- The Atlantis interface skin has been added to the SI (Catacombs engine) client. This skin is now the default skin for new installs of this client. Players using the SI client will now be able to choose between the Atlantis and Shrouded Isles interface skins, where previously they only had the Shrouded Isles skin.
- All style, spell, item, and ability icons have been graphically updated to be more colorful and detailed. The spell and style widget system has been retained for these icons.
- There no longer is code support for horizontal resize buttons.
Notes for Custom UI writers:
- Custom UI writers must convert any HorizontalResizeButtonDef and HorizontalResizeButtonTemplate which are defined into ButtonDef and ButtonTemplate respectively. The default UIs only use the HorizontalResizeButtonDef in the social window, which is specified in community_window.xml.
- Listbox headers can no longer use HorizontalResizeButtonTemplates.
- The HorizontalResizeButtonTemplates "generic_hr_button" and "listbox_hrbutton" specified in the styles.xml have been removed. The related HorizontalResizeImageTemplates "generic_hr_image_normal," "generic_hr_image_pressed," "generic_hr_image_normalhighlight," "generic_hr_image_disabled," and "listbox_header" were removed as well.
NEW FRONTIERS NOTES
- The Glacier Giant in the Midgard frontier is now resistant to charm spells.
CAMELOT CLASSIC WORLD NOTES
Quests - Albion
- Heart of Albion - Players on step 11 of this quest will now be directed to the correct location of Lady Nimue.
DARKNESS RISING WORLD NOTES
- Scouting the Gnolls - This Royal Expedition Task has been modified. The player must seek out an Outcast Gnoll Leader as opposed to Outcast Gnoll Scruffs. Players on this task need to only slay one leader now as opposed to a number of scruffs.
Submitted by: Uriel on 4/19/2007 8:32:07 PM
I've made four changes to the race page - first, the Minotaur now shows up in the list of races for each realm (the links at the top; it already showed in the actual search by realm). Second, you can view view all races on a single page. Third, you can view the view starting stats of all races without the other info. And finally, the page has been AJAXified (you don't need to reload the page when making a new search).
Discuss this news! (16)
Submitted by: Uriel on 4/18/2007 8:47:53 PM
Most of the archer changes have been made - the old bow lines have been removed from the class pages, Archery has been added as a spell line, Artifact spells have been changed, some of the realm abilities have been updated. The Animist changes have been made as well, including some updates to spell durations that are visible after the change away from bombers.
Discuss this news! (14)
In other news, the news (when you view an individual news item, not the home page) and news archive pages have been merged, because - well, they should have been in the first place. And the styles database is now AJAXified for slightly more convenient and bandwidth-saving search.
Edit: I also added a racial resists table using the race database info, which you can reach via the Races page or directly at http://www.classesofcamelot.com/Races.asp?mode=viewResists.