Dark Age of Camelot
September 25, 2001
This is a major update, with lots of spell system
updates, enhancements, and changes. Read the "spell system notes" section
NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES
- Skalds now have Charisma/Strength/Constitution as their
- Rangers now have a spell line to specialize in. See the Spell System Notes for
- The exp curve has been slightly modified to make level 4 easier. Level 5 and 6
are a hairsbreadth harder to compensate.
- Personal sends now appear by default in all chat tabs. If you wish to change
this, you can by configuring the chat interface.
- You can no longer follow yourself or your pets using the /follow command.
- You can no longer change your last name (once you have one), and you now must
be 10th level before you can get a last name.
- You can disband a group member, even when he's far away. If he's out of range
and cannot be selected, you must use "/disband
- Resurrection spells that are designed to do so now correctly teleport dead
players to the caster's feet.
" now works - previously it only worked on the selected player.
- /bandage command has been removed. It was never fully implemented.
- Pets should now move around correctly in dungeons.
- Your character's race now shows on the character sheet window.
- Fixed spurious messages on zoning (you get experience, the
- Rings and bracers will now correctly drop onto empty slots.
- You can now access the Spells Document at http://www.darkageofcamelot.com/docs/spells.html.
SPELL SYSTEM NOTES
- Disease durations were tuned down, the effect was made the same at all levels,
and at higher levels disease spells are area-of-effect.
- All spells are now using their new names; check www.darkageofcamelot.com/docs/spells.html
for the new lists.
- Rangers have had a new skill added, Pathfinding, which is the Ranger magic
specialization track. See the latest spell list to see what spells are awarded
and at what levels.
- Adjusted levels of Major Restoration line. The second resurrection spells
should no longer be overwriting the L15 major heal.
- Increased range on Shadowburst line.
- Increased radius of Null Storm line.
- Added Strength Dispersal line (Str/Con debuff).
- Paralyzing Wind line is now a mesmerize, with longer duration.
- Negate Sight line now debuffs Dex/Qui instead of just Dex.
- Increased damage of Aura of Turning line.
- Added Fungal Rejuvenation line (Heal over time).
- Slightly shortened healing cast times.
- Added insta-stun and insta-mesmerize to high level Pacification spec.
- Increased range of several lines in Pacification line.
- Added Gift of the Fallen line (self dmg shield).
- Added Spirit Flow line (transfer health to friends).
- Slightly lowered damage of life drain spells.
- Changed Gloomwave line to be point-blank-area-effect mesmerize instead of
- Fixed Blackbolt to debuff resistance instead of buffing it (whoops).
- Added Token of Movement line (backup group movement increase).
- Fleshed out Runic Ward line (Bladeturns - self, realm, group, group pulsing,
- Shifted Attack Unending to the Regrowth spec track.
- Added Nature's Ward line to Nurture spec (Bladeturns - self, realm, group,
group pulsing, etc.).
- Added Guardian's Encouragement line to Nurture spec.
- Added Amplify Movement line to Mind Twisting spec.
- Added Puncture Spirit line (Area Effect DOT).
- Added Cursed Vigor line to Essence Manipulation (disease).
- Slightly reduced damage on spec lifedrains.
- (Re)Added Cant of Confusion line.
Two new Dungeons:
- Treibh Caillte -- Hibernian Dungeon:
For levels 27-36 (in groups), in Lough Gur.
Treibh Caillte is inhabited by a small tribe of creatures locally known as
ursine dwellers. The clan lives inside their naturally formed cavern. The
reclusive clan is hostile to outsiders. No one knows where they came from, only
that they recently arrived and inhabited a cavern in Lough Gur they claimed as
their own. None of the ursine dwellers have been seen outside Treibh Caillte,
and since most locals stay away, not much is known about them.
- Muire Tomb -- Hibernian Dungeon:
For levels 8 - 15 (in groups) in Connacht
Concaire Muire and his family were rich landowners prone to greed and
haughtiness. Bitter and rankled from years of cruel treatment, Muire serfs cast
an evil eye upon the family. A dementia slowly started to afflict Concaire Muire
until one night, he murdered his entire household and then himself. The family's
tomb has since been a place of unrest.
Lowered the agro radii of all the mobs and tweaked the spawn times across the
board hoping to create more "safe spots."
- Rumor Mills (barkeepers) in Midgard should now give out quest information.
Travel directions are coming soon.
- Gatekeepers should no longer be affected by various AOE spells. Please test
TRADE SKILL SYSTEM NOTES
- Several minor skill bugs fixed in Hibernian Armorcraft.
- Planing Tools were not being required as they should have been for many
recipes involving wood, this should be fixed now.
- A bug that was causing many Tailoring recipes to display improperly and some
siege piece recipes not to display at all should now be fixed.
- Siege pieces and the 0 copper arrows should no longer come up for