Dark Age of Camelot
Version 1.28 Release Notes
October 8, 2001
- The Dark Age of Camelot beta program will end Tuesday morning October 9th. We
expect the first group of paying players to start arriving around then. Thank
you all for your wonderful support of Camelot over these last 12 months -
without your input and support, creating Camelot in such a short time and with
such great results would not have been possible. We humbly say "thank you" from
the bottom of our hearts.
- We are extending the opportunity for all beta testers to pre-subscribe. You
now have until Tuesday morning at 10:00am. Remember, only those testers who
pre-subscribe will keep their characters on Pendragon.
- Characters on Galahad have been wiped. You'll still get 10x Exp and loot on
it, until tomorrow morning, but now you can have characters in one Realm only.
Please test this "one realm per server" change and see if you can break it.
NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES
- Relics have been added to the game. See the Relics section below for more
- Alt-tab has been disabled. Please note that the game will shutdown when you
alt-tab or the game otherwise loses focus. This means that if Instant Messenger
attempts to pop up a message while you are playing, Camelot will close. If you
have a system event (i.e. disk defragging) happen while you are playing, the
client will close. Basically, this means that you want to exit ALL programs
before you run Camelot.
- You can now only have characters in one Realm per server, with the exception
of Pendragon, which allows you to have characters in all three Realms.
- Thanes now have 2 training points per level (used to be 1.5).
- Some spell effects have been updgraded
- Many loot items that had "question mark" icons have been fixed.
- The Critical Shot ability icon was not displaying. This has been corrected.
- /tell has been added to the game and works exactly like /send.
- The /Realm command shows the status of which Realm controls all outposts and
- New Guild costs: 1 gold to form guild. 300 gold to pick an emblem. 5 gold to
emblemize an item.
- *debug has been removed.
- Many style fixes have been implemented - some missing thrust weapon styles
have been added in, as well as other fixes and tweaks.
Relics are in, and placed in your Realm's Relic Keep, however there is currently
a bug in the game which makes it impossible for enemies to open the Relic Keep
door. This will be fixed as soon as possible. However, you can go to your own
Realm's Relic Keeps and see the Relics.
There are six relics in the game (2 per Realm): one is a bonus to melee damage,
and one is a bonus to magical damage. Note that we will be expanding the number
of Relics per Realm in the future. Your Realm's Relics have no bonus to you, but
if you go to another Realm and capture their Relics and bring them back to your
Realm's Relic Keep, then you will get their bonus. Please note that you must
have your two Relics safe in their Keeps before you can take another Realm's
Relics and thus acquire their bonuses.
Please note that we will be fully documenting the Relic system in a special
user's guide that we will make available to the Camelot community. Expect this
in a few days.
Merlin's Staff - Power Relic - Snowdonia Relic Castle
Excalibur's Scabbard - Strength Relic - Forest Sauvage Castle
Cauldron of Dagda - Power Relic - Mt. Collory Castle
Lug's Spear of Lightning - Strength Relic - Cruachan Castle
Thor's Hammer - Strength Relic - Uppland Castle
Horn of Valhalla - Power Relic - Yggdra Castle
SPELL SYSTEM CHANGES
- Increased the duration of Thunder's Bash line to be 5 minutes like the self
- All Thanes should now have a 30 second timer for the Thunder Bellow line.
- Thunder Shout line should now do damage.
- Speed of Prey line should no longer be interruptable.
- Urfgrat the Green's path has been modified to move him and his posse away from
the newbie areas. He and his group can now be found in south Camp. Forest
- Low level Trainers in Albion will now give the correct quests.
- Bishop Burhoff's Curse. Brother Bishop is no longer summoned through the quest
but is now a night spawn. The quest has changed slightly; read the quest journal
- Monsters across the game have been getting their spell casting abilities
tweaked, if your favorite monster has changed the spells he casts, this is why.
- The bug that caused newbie armor not drop should be fixed with this patch.
Note: this bug was also causing dungeon armor not to drop as well.
- The Undead Halls in Hibernia are now itemized, item levels 10-16.
- Albion and Midgard should now have icons for almost all their items. Hibernia
is soon to follow.