Dark Age of Camelot
Version 1.37 Release Notes
December 4, 2001
Now, when a player character crafts an item, their name will be attached to that
item. If someone delves the item the crafter's name will be displayed as part of
the item information.
REALM VS. REALM FIXES AND ADDITIONS
Here is a short description of Realm points, levels, and titles. There are 100
total realm levels, which are sub-divided into 11 ranks, each of which has a
title and potentially a gift associated with it. When you gain your first Realm
point (by engaging in RvR combat), you will be promoted to Rank 1, level 1. As
you continue to fight in RvR, your next level will be Rank 1, level 2, and so
forth. When you gain Rank 1, level 9, your next level gain will promote you to
Rank 2, level 1. At Rank 2, you will gain a Realm Rank and a new title. You will
gain these new titles and ranks at levels 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 70, 80, 90, and
100. So, you must be 10th Realm Level (Rank 2) before you will see your Realm
Starting with this version, when you gain a Realm Rank, you will gain a 1 point
bonus to each of your specializations per Rank. This begins at realm rank 2. So,
a player of Realm Rank 5 would have a total of +4 (i.e. one per realm rank after
the first) to all his skills. A maxed-out RvR player would have a +10 to all
skills. Please note that this acts just as if that player has a magic object
that "buffs" skills - i.e. you will not get abilities awarded to you because of
the bonuses, but for combat and other calculations, the buff will be included in
the formula. Currently, this bonus does not display on your character sheet.
In the (near) future, we plan on having a slightly more robust Realm Rank gifts,
where you gain cash rewards for RvR combat, and at some point after that,
additional skills and abilities. We'll give you all more information about that
when the time comes.
- You can now select and destroy Relic Keep doors.
- Siege weapons can now be repaired using the "/repair" command.
- Magical effects such as stun and mesmerize now "remember" if they have been
cast on a player, and if cast again, the spell will last for a shorter duration
than the first instance of the spell. This will effect combat vs. monsters as
- You will now come out of hiding when you use the "/repair" command, if you are
- Repairing a door now takes 20 seconds to go through the entire repair cycle.
Previously, it took 5 seconds, which enabled one or two players to hold off many
enemy players attacking the door.
- Guild Realm Points will now be tracked properly, and won't reset randomly.
You'll notice that your guild's Realm Points will be adjusted as members log
into the game
- Keep doors should now be properly synchronized across all people's computers.
Previously, some players would see doors open, when in reality they were closed.
- When low level mage characters cast mesmerization and stun spells on higher
level-characters and monsters, the spells used to last as long as if a high
level mage cast the spell. Now, the duration of the mez/stun will lower based on
how much lower level the mage is than the target.
NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES
- The "Appeal" interface has been modified and streamlined so players who wish
to contact Customer Support should have an easier time expressing their problem.
- Eight new monster skins have been added. Expect to see some new-looking
monsters wandering about Pendragon later in the week.
- All outdoor zones for all realms have new pathing data, which means that pets,
monsters and NPCs should now enter and move around buildings and structures
properly. This fixes problems like pets going the "wrong" way around a building
when following you, refusing to enter a building with you, or moving in an
erratic fashion near objects.
- If you are hidden, monsters are now much less likely to target you than other
group members, although they still have a chance of "finding" you.
- Heal spells should no longer be castable on dead player bodies.
- The "anonymous" flag no longer resets on quitting or zoning.
- There's now a confirmation dialog on Emblemeers and Smiths, which ask you if
you are sure you want to purchase the emblem/repair the object.
- When you are missing an ingredient when making an object, the game will now
list ALL the ingredients you are missing.
- Most NPC dialog will now print money in terms of units of currency, not just
copper. Previously, you would see "50099 copper" - now that is translated into
gold, silver, copper, etc.
- Condition and durability has been tweaked so that generally speaking, items
now last longer (i.e. have greater durability), but need to be repaired slightly
- Items with qualities below 90 will no longer salvage for the same amount of
raw materials as higher-quality items.
- When you get a dialog box prompting you for resurrection, you now must
acknowledge it within 15 seconds. If you don't, the resurrection spell must be
- Berserker Frenzy now grants a "to hit" bonus and can be used every 7 minutes
(used to be every 10 minutes).
- You can no longer "/upgrade" non-door objects. Due to a bug, you were able to
upgrade all wooden objects (bows, staves, etc.), even though it was not
cost-effective to do so.
- Briton, Hibernian, and Midgard guards have gotten an armor appearance upgrade.
You should start seeing this later in the week.
- Albion plate armor has been upgraded in appearance.
Albion Quests / NPCs:
Quest: Legione perso. Players attacking Lunaris were having difficulty in moving
to the next step of this quest. This problem has now been resolved.
Quest: Fortune of Few. Armsmen were receiving a Embossed Crossbow reward for
this level 11 quest. For those Armsmen who wish to receive a usable item for
their level, please return to Master Graent. You can hand him the Embossed
Crossbow and you will receive a Belt of Battle in exchange.
Quest: Heart of Sephucoth. Players who were also on the Ripper quest were not
able to receive the bone they required for the Heart of Sephucoth quest. This
issue has now been resolved and shortly after receiving the bone for the Ripper
quest, you should receive the bone required to complete the Heart of Sephucoth
Quest: Captured Courier. Player attempting to complete the Dunston section of
this quest in groups were having trouble. Dunston would run away shortly after
the first of the group performed the proper steps. This has now been resolved.
Dunston will wait for up to 1 minute while all members of the group perform the
Quest: Abolishment of Sacrifice. The Sacrificer Harish encounter has been
brought back up to its original level of difficulty.
Quest: Traveler's Way -- Supply Run. Journal entries have been changed to
reflect Sceley's smith profession.
Hibernia Quests / NPCs:
Quest: Secret of Nuada's Silver. Players on step three of the Secret of Nuada's
Silver quest that don't have the ore to hand in to Chief Proinnsias will fail
the quest and get chastised for being careless. They'll be able to get the quest
again. This is so the customer service people don't have to continually reset
quests for people who get the ore and then destroy it or drop it.
Quest: Seek the Moonstone. An earlier fix to the Seek the Moonstone epic allowed
players who lost the enchanted collar to speak to the hounds. This has confused
players who never lost the collar, so an alteration has been implemented that
should hopefully help alleviate player confusion. Players who have lost the
collar only need to say [the moonstone] as indicated in their journal. Players
who haven't lost their collar can now give the collar to the hound to initiate
Siabra reorganization. The different clans of siabra have been differentiated.
The new names are now reflected in the quests and talk indexes.
New Quest: Freeing Osier. A new level 19 Hibernian quest: Freeing Osier... a
Connla merchant believes her beloved, lost many years ago, is now a spectral
wickerman. (Osier is no longer a one-time drop)
New Shopkeeper. Cleit, in Tir na Nog, sells shields. He's located just past the
first pub in Tir na Nog, entering from the Lough Derg entrance.
New Shopkeeper. Cragen, in Tir na Nog, now sells tacuil armor.
Quest Sile's Sight: Keeper Rasa has moved away from the empyreans who guard her,
and now resides by herself in a hut near their grove.
Quest West Wind: Bards completing the West Wind quest will now receive a ring as
well as coin and experience. The reward for Nightshades and Rangers who've
completed the West Wind quest has been changed from reinforced to leather. All
existing objects will be updated.
Nightshades now get a leather hauberk as a reward for this quest.
Blademasters now get reinforced greaves as a reward for this quest.
The Hauberk of Lies is going to remain reinforced. However, nightshades can turn
in their Hauberk of Lies to Bairfhionn in Tir na Nog and receive a leather
Hauberk of Deceit. Only players who've completed the quest and have the Hauberk
of Lies in their inventory will be able to get the new quest reward. This can
only be done once.
Blademasters who have received the Scale Greaves of Might can turn in this item
to Bairfhionn in Tir na Nog and recieve reinforced Greaves of Might. Only
players who've completed the quest and have the Scale Greaves of Might in their
inventory will be albe to get the new quest reward. Players can only do this
Midgard Quests / NPCs:
Quest: Red Daggers. Midgard Warriors who've completed the Red Dagger quest, or
who are currently on the quest, and received the Stormrider's Hauberk, the level
25 Thane reward, can turn in the hauberk for the correct warrior reward, a set
of War Ravager Gauntlets. Players should turn the Thane item in to the Gythja of
Bragi, in Jordheim
Quest: Sveawolf Guardian. The Sveawolf Guardian quest now has better directions
in the quest journal. The Elder sveawolf now gives more specific directions for
dealing with the other creatures involved. Also, the Barkeeps will now tell you
which town they are referring to in their rumors about this quest.
Quest: Krrrck's Torment. Krrrck in Krrrck's Torment should be easier to find in
Skona Ravine. The directions in the quest and in the journal have been given
more detail, and Krrrck will spawn more.
Quest: Furf's Reward
Quest: Sulphine's Demise
The directions to and Zrit-zrit in Skona and Sulphine have been made a little
clearer. Furf will also spawn more frequently in Skona.
Quest: Simple Misgivings. In Simple Misgivings, Hilde in Haggerfel now asks for
forge plans instead of blueprints to match the object you receive from the
Quest: Tomte Jerkin. The Tomte Jerkin quest will now be offered at the
appropriate level and only classes able to use the Jerkin will be given the
quest. An item for casters will be added soon.
Quest: Price of Excellence. Players on the Price of Excellence quest should now
see their talisman 'glow' when they are near the correct monster. They should
also now be able to complete the quest by killing Ulfgar.
Quest: Wisdom of Time. Players working on the Wisdom of Time epic (shaman,
healer) who did not receive a subquest (The Rod and the Scholars, Visions of
Darkness, Decoding the Map, Gashir) should return to Inaksha in Haggerfel to
receive the quest they need.
Quest: Silent Death. Players who chose an axe as their reward for Silent Death
but were not able to receive the axe should return to Eindridi the smith in Fort
Atla. Right-click on him to receive your reward.
Quest: Widower's Hunt. Widower's Hunt - Players who were killed by the Widower
and are on step 7 should return to Yver in Haggerfel to be able to fight Widower
Quest: Silent Death: The level of the Silent Death quest has been lowered to 22
to match the level of the monster. The quest level was set too high, making the
rewards too low.
Update on Silent Death: Due to a bug with the Silent Death quest, players that
chose a two-handed axe instead of a one-handed axe may now return to Eindridi in
Fort Atla and exchange their axe.
Quest: Hunting Party: Bork of Huginfell now actually gives out money he mentions
for the Hunting Party quest.
Quest: Aegan's Letter to Helen: The journal entry for Aegan's Letter to Helen
now reminds you where Helen lives.
Quest: Tric's Lost List: The directions to Gib for Tric's Lost List given by
Tric have been added to the quest journal.
Quest: Grenlock Clan: The NPC's associated with the Grenlock Clan epic (for
spiritmasters and runemasters) have undergone a slight name change. The sons'
last name is now Alfevson instead of Grenle to match their father's last name.
Dverge Faction fix - The activities of the dverge in Muspelheim have roused the
anger of the Lost Souls, who have summoned new spirits to combat them. These new
spirits can be hunted to gain favor with the Dverge.
Quest: Zrit-Zrit's Item quest: Gautr in Gotar now correctly refers to Zrit-Zrit
as a badger, not an offspring of a bear. Gautr also gives a direction and a
reference point in Skona Ravine to help find Zrit-Zrit. Also, Zrit-Zrit is no
longer quite so shy, so players should be seeing him more often.
Quest: Krrck's Torment: The directions given out by Arnleif in Vasudheim for
Krrck's location are now included in the quest journal.
Quest: Tomte Jerkin quest: The quest is now available to all classes. A Tomte
Tunic has been added for runemasters and spiritmasters. Runemasters and
Spiritmasters who have already received a Jerkin can return to Gwaell in
Audliten to exchange it for a Tomte Tunic. The tunic has the same stats at the
jerkin; the only difference is the material.
Quest Healer's Shield: Healer's Shield has been renamed Protecting the Healer.
There was some confusion with the name and the reward. A bracer has been added
for runemasters, spiritmasters, healers, and shaman. If you cannot use the
sword, return to Saydyn in Huginfell to swap out your sword.
Quest: Abolishment of Sacrifice. Players who were stepped to step 7 and did not
receive the sub-quest (Deserter Amono) can return to their Camelot trainer to
receive this quest. Players who were stepped to step 10 and did not receive the
sub-quest (Point of Reason) can return to their Camelot trainer to receive this
Players who were stepped to step 12 and did not receive the sub-quest (Chains of
Death) can return to their Camelot trainer to receive this quest.
Quest: Legend of the Lake. Players who were stepped to step 3,4,7 or 8 and did
not receive the sub-quests (Barbaric tales) or (Wizard Lost) can return to Lady
Nimue to receive one of these quests.
Quest: Rebellion Accepted. Players who were stepped to step 5 and did not
receive the sub-quest (Path of the Renegade) can return to Captain Rhodri to
receive this quest.
Players who were stepped to step 7 and did not receive the sub-quest (Regal
Nobility) can return to Captain Rhodri to receive this quest.
Quest: Scura tragedia. Players who were stepped to step 7 and did not receive
the sub-quest (La morti parla) can return to Master Vismer to receive this
quest. Players who were stepped to step 9 and did not receive the sub-quest (Animare
il morti) can return to Master Vismer to receive this quest. Players who were
stepped to step 11 and did not receive the sub-quest (Legione perso) can return
to Master Vismer to receive this quest.
Monster Encounter Updates:
Over the next few weeks we'll be making a concerted effort to improve and
diversify many of the monster encounters throughout the realms. The goal of this
is to make the adventuring areas feel as though they have more impact in the
world, and that there are more distinct areas with a variety of behavior,
treasure, and monster types. Included in this version are the first steps in
this direction. As you can see our first pass is in some of the Hibernian zones,
but all realms will receive attention. This set of improvements represents just
the beginning of how we plan to implement your feedback.
Hibernia Monster Encounters:
- The druid grove of Howth has done extensive investigation of the group of dark
magical beings known as the Siabra. Disturbingly, they discovered that the
Siabra reach and influence was quite extensive. While they all hail to one great
queen and are seen as one group of beings, the closer investigation has revealed
that there are regionalized differences between the Siabra people. One of the
biggest differences is in their choice of colors to wear. The Siabra of the
Lough Derg region, for example, have been known to wear red with highlights of
violet. Regardless of the region though, violet seems to be a recurrent theme.
The druids concluded their research by giving names to each of these siabra
region-groups. Those in the Lough Derg area are the dergan siabra, those in
Brileith and Mt. Collory are the siog, in the Cliffs of Moher they are moheran,
in Silvermine are the sheevra, in the Shannon Estuary are the eriu, and in Lough
Gur are the gurite. Those who reside near their faerie queen, Cliodna, in the
Bog of Cullen are still referred to by their original siabra name.
- Siabra Fury, Enchanter, and Skirmishers in Lough Derg are now known as dergan
fury, dergan enchanter, and dergan tussler, respectively.
- Dergan enchanter now correctly uses a thrust attack. It was previously using a
- Rock and stone sheeries have evolved slightly, and as a result, look a little
different than they did before. They have also shed the cloth tunics they once
- Whistlers, magical creatures that take on the form of black horses, have
recently asserted some influence over the dergan near Macnol's tower in Lough
- Moss sheeries have migrated towards Lough Derg and may now be found behind the
- Druids have classified a new type of sheerie, the clubmoss sheerie. It is
slightly bigger and more magical than the smaller moss sheeries. The clubmoss
sheerie is only found in Lough Derg.
- Rock sheeries have claimed a lonely stone circle on the east side of Lough
Derg. Rounders, a more magical type of rock sheerie has also been sighted in
- More curmudgeons have migrated into the Lough Derg area and some have taken on
new roles. Investigating wardens have noted crab-catchers, campkeepers, and even
a singing curmudgeon.
- A rare species of arachnid known as the dampwood mite has found a home in the
Lough Gur area. At least four colonies of these creatures have been discovered.
- Reports have come in of ghoulies moving closer to Innis Carthig
- Survey groups claim to have seen gurite (Lough Gur Siabra) tempriars on the
road between Lough Gur and the Bog of Cullen. Caution is advised for those
- Stone sheeries have made their way as far south as the stone circles in Lough
Gur. Yet another type of sheerie, called the chipstone, has been seen with these
- Many Lurikeen have reported that a small herd of faerie horses has emerged to
take up resident on the island in Lough Gur
- Wayward reports have trickled in of escorted envoys of the Unseelie Court
heading from Lough Gur towards Cliodna's tower. Many have been sent to
investigate these reports, but as of yet, no one has returned with confirmation.
- Magical black cats called scanradh (fright) have been seen with the gurites in
their southwestern camp of Lough Gur. Like the whistlers of Lough Derg, these
seem to have some power of authority over the gurites.
- A ragged messenger out of Alainn Bin inform has informed Connla authorities
that cronicorns have been sighted in the Bog of Cullen. A sole surviving witness
said the creature, leading a group of siabra, smited down his entire party with
a mere wave of its horn. The village of Alainn Bin slips further and further
from our grasp.
- Times of war can be seen by the increased number of disturbed spirits that
roam the frontier lands, fallen invaders and defenders alike have risen from
their unpleasant deaths to lash out at any who cross their paths.
- Additional camps of luricadunes have been spotted in the valleys of Silvermine
to the west of Howth.
- The gray spectres have spread their influence from the solitary camp in the
- The sheevra have occupied additional areas on the shoreline and hills of
Silvermine. Our guardian scouts report that these new camps are more dangerous
and aggressive than the siabra of before.
- Tangua, Slothi and Natyl have been spotted more frequently at their camp in
- Dullahans may appear more frequently at night in the Lough Gur area
- Cave fairies and enhornings now heal themselves less often.
- The pooka formerly known as Spook is now known as Shadowgnash.
- Some of the heavy-drinking cluricaun have found abandoned homes in Connacht
that they now use for their wild parties. They have sent messengers out to their
kin to join them and are waiting them to arrive later this week.
Albion Monster Encounters
- The Arawnites in Llyn Barfog have established a more permanent presence.
- The boggart and Gwalchmai factions in the Pennine Mountains should now be
giving a correct faction message.
- The vigilis in the Catacombs has a slightly longer range on his bow.
Additionally, it will now run after those who confront him.
Midgard Monster Encounters
- The hagbui appear to have been disturbed by adventurers in the swamp and now
roam their lairs even in the daylight hours.
- Forest spiders in Vanern swamp spawn in daytime as well as night. They have
also received an appropriate poison attack.
- Stonehenge Barrows is itemized, equipment levels are 36-50.
- The Bracer of the Paranoid from the Muire tomb now has the correct bonuses.
All bracers will auto-update.
- The Bogeyman Crystallized Eye can now be equipped.
- Arachnid silk can now be picked up / carried.
- The Ceremonial Cloak in the Muire Tomb should now take dyes.
- Hrodrek's chain should now take dyes.
- The Blackorm Coif should now drop with the proper Armor Factor.
- The Runic Rigid Orm spine should now equip in the 2hd slot.
- The Wispy Rigid Orm spine should now equip in the 2hd slot.
- The Roman Body Shield was renamed to Ancient Body Shield and now more monsters
other than Roman Undead drops it.
- The Roman Battle Bracer was renamed as Ancient Battle Bracer for the same
- Loot tables in the Vale of Mularn and East Svaeland were tweaked. Some rare
objects were added and drop rates were modified.
- The Orm Skullcap Shield now has the proper icon and uses the shield skill.
- The Bear-bracer should now raise Sword skill instead of slash.
- The Spine Splitter stats were changed to modify Large Weaponry and Strength.
The previously stat bonuses did not help any characters that could use the
- The Crystal Shard now raises the piercing skill instead of thrusting.
- The Twilight Blade-stopper should now "consider" correctly.
MAGIC SYSTEM NOTES
- Added an AE attack speed debuff to the Enchanter's Bedazzling list (Field of
Scintillation), to add to Hibernia's area-effect repertoire.
- Added a power regen line to Holism for Mentalist (Empowering Unity), and an AE
DoT to Holism line for Mentalist (Shroud of Madness). This is one step towards
evening out Hibernian area effect spells, and adds some extra benefit for
speccing in Mana.
- Added "nearsight" line to Runemaster Runes of Suppression list (Suppress
Sight), Matter Manipulation (Cab matter spec, Encrust Eyes) list, and Eldritch
Shadow Control list (changed old dex debuff line to Negate Coordination, and
Negate Sight line is the nearsight spell). Nearsight reduces the range at which
spells can be cast and arrows fired by a percentage. This is a "harrying" type
spell that should give casters a
non-damaging counter to archers.
- Added AE DoT (Spore Cloud) to Shaman Cave spec. to flesh out the line, and add
an area effect spell that Midgard did not have.
- Upped range on Healer, Druid, and Cleric insta-heals from 1200 to 1350 to
match normal heal range.
- Added self bladeturn to L19 of Spiritmaster Summoning list (Protecting
Spirit), Wizard Path of Fire (Aura of Incineration), and Mage Matter base list
(for Sorcerer and Cabalist, Barrier of Warding). A self bladeturn (Barrier of
Negation) was also added to L19 of the Magician base list Way of the Moon. This
should improve viability of casters in both RvR and PvE.
- Normalized the following buff lines (from all realms) to last 10 minutes:
Shield of Magma, Minor Earthen Power, Bolstering Gust, Detect Flaw, Encourage
Aggression, Aura of Protection, Hammer of Faith, Shield of Faith, Rune of
Discomfort, Minor Force of the Deep, Thunder's Bash, Thor's Vigor, Nails of the
Wild. Maintaining some of these buffs detracted from their benefit, and weren't
an appreciable balancing factor in their use.
- Enchanter pets were raised from 86% of the caster's level to 88%, matching
Cabalist and Spiritmaster pet levels.
- Bladeturns can now be penetrated by attacks from higher level monsters and
players. The chance of the bladeturn deflecting a higher level attack is
approximately the caster's level / the attacker's level. This change actually
went in a few weeks ago, and was undocumented, for which we apologize. Please be
aware that everything in the game is level/chance based - nothing works 100% of
the time in all cases. It was a bug that caused it to work 100% of the time -
now it takes the levels of the players involved into account.
TRADESKILL SYSTEM NOTES
- Changed recipes to match what is in the ingredients lists. Several tailoring,
fletching, and weaponcrafting recipes should now use the proper ingredients.
- Albion Mail armor has been revised to use Cymric leather components rather
than Siluric. The minimum cost is still about the same if you use crafted
components, but if you're using store-bought this will increase your profit